We are once again grateful for our community support. Make a purchase at Metropolitan Plant & Flower Exchange Valued at $50 or more and Metropolitan will donate $10 to Bergen County Audubon Society. View coupon.
BCAS runs two fundraisers per year to support our Education and Conservation efforts.
Spring Fundraiser: done in May and tied to our Spring Count (Bird-a-thon)
Feeder Cleaning Fundraiser: done in June
Celebrate “International Migratory Bird Day” and join us for our Spring Bird Count.
Spend part of this day enjoying the Spring migration while helping BCAS raise funds for Education and Conservation projects!
On Count Day, Chapter leaders cover many areas, including Garret Mountain, DeKorte Park, Tenafly Nature Center, The Celery Farm in Allendale, Mehrhof Pond, Overpeck Park, and Flat Rock Brook Nature Center. Join one of the above groups, or chose your own favorite local bird spot and send back a list of what you see.
This is perhaps the most exciting time in the birding year and we encourage you to take part.
BCAS’s goals are as follows:
- Identify as many species as possible in “Greater Bergen County” on that day
AND count HOW MANY birds of each species are present.
- Report your bird lists and total number per species to David Hall, Field Work.
A master list of the total species and number of birds identified will be compiled.
- The master list is the basis for our “Bird-a-thon” Spring Fundraiser.
- The more bird species we identify, the more funds BCAS will raise for Education and Conservation projects!
- Have fun!! Count DAY is rain or shine.
To make a pledge for our Spring Count, please download our flyer here.
Coordinator: Dave Hall email@example.com , (973)-226-7825
Please consider making a donation to the Bergen County Audubon Society!